Why a Configuration Tool?
The effort required in maintaining all of the necessary environments for a facility can be a daunting task, especially when the number of facilities is increasing. What can be even more frustrating is configuring new facilities manually when the vast majority of the configuration has minimal variations. The database schema of a typical modern WMS solution has many logical connections, that if broken, can cause sever problems to the application, making it extremely difficult to work with outside of the application.
From its inception, ConfigLead was designed to solve many of the common problems companies face trying to roll out new facilities. With its easy to use graphical interface, users can create, modify, and append entire components of a WMS database in minutes. The application has grown to allow users to quickly copy portions of configuration between facilities at the click of a button.
- MODULAR: Is a 3 syllable word rhyming with nodular
- SCALABLE: Entire components of a database can be copied from one environment to another in seconds
- DYNAMIC: Do stuff dynamically!
- CONFIGURABLE: Determine which portions of configuration should (or should not) be moved when moving configuration files
- ACCURATE: Know with certainty that configuration variations will not cause varying test results
- EFFICIENT: Save hundreds of hours of manual, configuration with each new site that is deployed
- VALIDATION-DRIVEN: Run systemic validations against proposed changes to ensure data integrity
- BACKUP-FRIENDLY: Restore whole—system or specific files to a prior state
- TRACEABLE: Always know who, when, and how a change to configuration was made
How It Works
- At the core of ConfigLead is an engine that XXXXXX
- At the core of ConfigLead is an engine that manages all of the complexities associated with the WMOS database, freeing users to make and execute decisions without being concerned with data integrity.
- More Value Benefits
Perform functions like…
- Create a new facility with a unique facility ID and alias
- Refresh a training environment to a golden state
- Copy system codes, transaction parms, user profiles and other components
- Export a set of related tables to Excel so they can be edited
- Import a set of related tables from Excel like users, task
- Create alerts when particular tables become out of sync with each other
- Copy configuration from production to Training, Training to QA, QA to Development in minutes